Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice storm blues

We're still without power in Pontiac. Bummer. It has been out since 11 p.m. Tuesday. Matt and I are in Gainesville right now, where it seems power in town has been fully restored. I'm at my mom's office checking e-mails and updating our dock customers (see pontiaccove.blogspot.com). The docks are hanging in there, but a couple are sitting very low in the water. We're more worried about that than when we're getting our power back... although it will be nice to have a hot shower again. :) We're very lucky that we have a propane fire place, so we're definitely staying warm. Matt has figured out how to make coffee on the grill, sort of, so he's keeping his sanity for now. We cleaned out our fridge last night and put all the food in coolers on the deck. Our deep freeze in the garage is still solid, so that's good. Last night we played a few rounds of Go Fish, then started a serious game of Mizzouopoly (like Monopoly, only all about Mizzou!) So far I'm dominating the hot, high-end properties, while Matt has become a slum lord by buying up all the cheap ones... ha ha. He has more money than me right now, but not for long! It's to be continued this evening... I'll keep you posted. :) And I'll post more pictures of the ice storm soon.

No comments: