1. Happy hour. In case you didn't know, you can get half-priced drinks from 2 to 4 p.m. at Sonic. I think this has been in effect for quite some time now, but I don't go to Sonic often enough to remember, so when I do stop in, it's always a nice surprise! For example, I was in Mountain Home a couple of days ago, and I whipped through the drive-thru for a tea. I drove out of there with a Route 44 iced tea for $1.03. CHEAP!
2. Breakfast burritos. They are delicious. I'm not big on fast food. However, when we're traveling in the car I do like to pick me up a sausage, egg and cheese burrito now and then. Plus, I think they serve breakfast all day. Bonus! I'll never forget when Sonic first introduced its breakfast - I was in college at Mizzou. I had tried a breakfast burrito in another town, liked it a whole lot, and just assumed all Sonics had breakfast. But, when I tried to order one in Columbia, the female voice on the other end said, "Whaaaaaat?" (I think she was stoned.) Anyway, I repeated my order, she paused for way too long and said, "We have a chicken wrap?" She actually said it as if she were asking me a question. No, lady, that isn't the same thing... Apparently, Sonic breakfast hadn't arrived in Columbia just yet. (Ok, it isn't as funny as when I tell the story in person...)
No comments:
Post a Comment