Matt and I were in New Orleans over the weekend with my father-in-law, Dan, brother-in-law, Chris, sis-in-law, Lindsey, and niece and nephew - Madison and Maddox. One of the highlights of the trip was a stop at the Cafe du Monde for coffee and beignets. I don't drink coffee, but I shared a cup of hot chocolate with Madison. All they serve is beignets, coffee, hot chocolate and water. And boy, is that place hoppin'. Folks stand in line forever just to get a seat! We got lucky and found a table right away. The rest of the weekend Matt and I were humming or singing "The Wino and I Know," a Jimmy Buffett tune that talks about New Orleans...
"Coffee is strong at the Cafe du Monde
Donuts are too hot to touch
Just like a fool, when those sweet goodies cool
I eat til I eat way too much"
I love this picture... Madison's like, "Don't even think about it, Uncle Matt."
Maddox liked the beignets, and he LOVED the powdered sugar. :)
2 comments:
Lindsey's hair is pretty!
I can smell the chicory coffee right now....love,love,love The Cafe Du Monde!!!
Post a Comment