Tuesday, August 24, 2010

KC Girls Weekend


A couple of weekends ago, Jessica PB and I made a quick trip to KC to see the Mizzou girls (and Kate and Natalie, too), and all of their little girls! It was a quick weekend, but oh-so-fun, and I'm glad we were able to get together one more time pre-Lola. Both Billie and Beth have recently moved into new houses, so we got to see their new digs. We stayed with Beth, as she has lots of space! Saturday night we went to dinner at Bonefish Grill. It was really good. We started with their Bang Bang Shrimp - spicy and delicious. They offer several fresh fish options, and I went with salmon, knowing Matt would approve that choice - rich in omega 3's and good for Lola (as he likes to inform me). On Sunday morning we hung out and played with Miss Ellyson. Natalie brought Paige, Channing and Dillion brought Harper and Bo, and pretty soon we had all sorts of little girls running around playing hide-and-seek, shrieking and laughing. Woodsie played a big part in preparing a brunch, and so did Hannah - breakfast casserole, baked french toast, fruit, cinnamon rolls and pastries, coffee and tea. It was all delicious and followed by cake and cookies! Thank you, Billie and Beth, for hosting. Lola and I are officially as spoiled as we can be. Thanks, ladies, for all the great gifts - including our monitor, which is sleek and way cooler than either of our cell phones. I believe we are set. Now all we need is la-la-la-la Lola!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Love the cake and cookies. You look pretty...you have the glow...sun-kissed skin and sky blue eyes :)