Friday, June 10, 2011

Lola, meet the Four Winns

Believe it or not, Lola just took her first boat ride and official swim in the lake yesterday. The only other time she'd been on a boat on Bull Shoals Lake was on a pontoon for about 20 minutes during the Blessing. And that was just a quick trip out past the breakwater and back in. She splashed around in the lake just right off the walkway at the dock last weekend, but she hadn't actually been out in the water until yesterday

That was our fault. We hadn't uncovered our boat until yesterday. I think Matt had been putting it off because he was worried it wouldn't start, or we'd have some other problem, and he'd have to deal with it. I love our boat, but we have had some problems with it over the past couple of years. Hey, it's a boat. It's supposed to break down at the worst possible time, right?

Anyway, we uncovered the old girl, gave her a good scrubbing (the boat, not Lola), and took her for a spin. Katelyn (Lola's new BFF, aka our nanny), Lola and Oscar went, too. I'll just tell ya - Lola doesn't love her life jacket. But, she's just gonna have to get used to it.

The first couple of pics I took at the house before we went out. That's Katelyn with Lola. The rest, you'll see, are from the boat ride. Enjoy!






No comments: