Monday, September 19, 2011

Hootin an Hollarin

Our county's annual festival was this past weekend - the 51st annual Hootin an Hollarin. It's a celebration of times past, tradition, food, music and crafts, and an unofficial reunion/homecoming for all Ozark Countians, of all ages. Sadly, I haven't cared that much about H&H since I was in high school... until now. Enter Lola. And all the old memories start swirling around in my head, and I'm excited for this annual OzCo tradition once again.

Our lake association has a booth at H&H, and I was planning to work there all day Saturday, while Matt worked at the dock, so we decided to take Lola in on Friday. Good thing, too, because it rained ALL day Saturday (the last day, big parade, everyone is there, etc. etc.) Boo.

We met Matt's mom and grandma at the Harlin House for lunch. Afterward, we made several passes around the square, where we purchased three things for Lola: a wooden fishing pole, a little wooden duckie on a stick and a wooden bird house. Um. Yeah. Seemed like a good idea at the time. (Now what are we going to do with all this stuff??) Anyway, here are some pics from the day, which ended with Matt, Lola and me at the dock.

Lola and Nana at the Harlin House

Lola's great-grandma Loretta ("Ma") and her friend, Dixie

Just chillin' in my stroller

All decked out for fall

Lola's wooden duckie on a stick

Getting ready to watch cousin Wyatt in the costume parade

Getting to know cousin Sadie and great-aunt Denise

Matt and his mini-me

Going for a ride in the dock cart

Walking with mom

Mama and Lola

Feeding the fish

By the way, that's one of my old frocks she's wearing
(appropriate for H&H, I thought)

Oscar likes the fish food as much as the fish do

1 comment:

jaims said...

ohmygoodness i had one of those wooden duckies! i need one for madeline asap.