Kudos to all you single parents out there... single working parents at that. I always knew it must be hard, but until I had a child + a job + a sick spouse/daddy, I couldn't really appreciate it. Now I am simply amazed by those who do it every day.
Matt has been sick for three weeks. It started with a cough, then turned into bronchitis. He started taking antibiotics, and five days later he had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics (hives!), so, he switched to something else. He still wasn't getting well, so back to the doctor he went last Friday, where he was diagnosed with pneumonia. And... he's been on bed rest ever since.
Guess what last Friday was? The start of Labor Day weekend. Guess where we were last year on the Friday of Labor Day weekend? Having Lola! Goodness. Is Labor Day weekend always going to be crazy for us?! Matt wasn't able to work. I worked. The grandparents and Lori helped with Lola. Whew.
Matt is still on bed rest, but he's getting better, thank goodness. It's been tough having him pretty much out of the picture for the past week. He's a hard worker, a great husband and a devoted dad. We are ready for him to be well and back at it!
2 comments:
Oh man...feel better, bud. I've had bronchitis several times, never pneumonia, but it's the WORST. Can't even imagine. Hope he's on the mend soon! I have no doubt you're an awesome stand-in for both parents in the meantime, Jib. Will send healing thoughts your way!
Thanks, lady. He's finally feeling better...headed back to the doc today, hopefully for a good report!
Post a Comment