Friday, August 10, 2012

Pregnancy makes me craaaaazy

Example #1: I forgot the last four digits of my social security number last week.

I dropped my cell phone in a gravel parking lot in Gainesville, and the screen went black. Luckily it was under warranty, so I got a new one for free in less than 24 hours. But first I had to give the Verizon customer service lady the last four of my social (apparently I've never changed my password from that). So I rattled off four digits that I would have swore were the right ones, but she kept telling me it was wrong. What?! I got really flustered for a few minutes, and then suddenly I remembered the right numbers. I'm sure the lady thought I was crazy. (I guess I am, a little bit.)

Example #2: I started feeding a stray dog yesterday.

It's not that I'm not sympathetic to stray dogs - I love dogs, and I would really love to strangle the people who dump their dogs. But typically I'm just annoyed and run them off, and they leave, and I forget about them, and that is that. Well, now there's this dog... he keeps showing up, and he's starving. Two nights ago I couldn't stop thinking about him, and yesterday I saw him lying under a tree a hundred feet or so from our house, so I took him some food and water. When I walked toward him he ran off, but a few minutes later he came back and devoured the food. I guess we need to come up with a name for him? Sigh.

Example #3: I went to town today to run errands and completely forgot to buy dog food for said dog. (Sorry, Ossie, you're gonna have to share for a couple more days.)

No comments: