It's been a while since I've written an actual update, so here goes...
As you've seen in previous posts, Lola turned 2 on Sept. 3, and we celebrated for several days with family and friends. She is becoming quite the little person - so sweet one minute and ornery as heck the next. She has been throwing some impressive fits lately. When she does this, she cannot be reasoned with. So we ask her to go to her room, close the door and come out when she's finished. And most of the time she does!
Operation: Get the Wade House Ready for Baby #2 is in full swing. After Labor Day we really got to work on cleaning out the spare bedroom and preparing for baby boy's arrival. We're planning to move Lola to the spare bedroom - a HUGE room that will easily house all of her stuff, including a queen-size bed, dresser and vanity that used to be mine (and actually originally belonged to my great-grandmother). We had the furniture painted white, and it turned out really cute! I'm working on finding new knobs and will post pictures soon. Matt painted all the trim and the walls and hung new blinds. We're getting there!
Something unexpected happened the past two years on Labor Day weekend (two years ago Lola was born 26 days early; last year Matt had pneumonia and was on bed rest). This year was no exception. A couple weeks prior I started to wonder what this year would bring, and that's when Isaac showed up. It was starting to look like a good chunk of the weekend would be a wash out - even though we desperately needed the rain, the timing was terrible. And then my uncle Dan (my dad's only sibling) was put in the hospital. He had been struggling with multiple health problems for years, and he passed away on Thursday. Aug. 30. The visitation was held on Sunday and the funeral on Monday (Labor Day/Lola's birthday). What a bittersweet day it was.
I'm now 32 weeks and starting to feel a little sluggish. I'm still eight weeks from D-Day, but since Lola was early, I'm expecting little man will be, too. I know every pregnancy is different, but we'll be ready at 36 weeks just in case! He's probably well over 3 pounds by now and will continue to pack on the weight in the coming weeks. Oy.
The stray pup we took in about a month ago is still hanging around. A couple weeks ago he let me pet him for the first time and put flea and tick medicine on him. He's wearing a collar and sleeping in our driveway (instead of the woods) now. We still need to get him to the vet for shots. He desperately needs a bath. I tried to give him one on Sunday and again yesterday afternoon, but he is not interested! Yesterday we named him Bo. :)
And that just about sums it up. More soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment