Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"Moothies"

After dinner tonight we made this:
Lola was in heaven.
She tried to feed some to Finn.

We called it a smoothie, or "moothie," as Lola says. But really it's more like ice cream. And it's so simple, delicious and healthy. You can let your imagination run wild with ingredients. This is what we used:

Frozen sliced bananas*
Frozen blueberries
Frozen pineapple and mango
Milk
Nutmeg
Vanilla

Notice I didn't list any measurements. That's because we didn't measure. We eyeballed it. If you'd rather drink it, like with a straw, just add more milk. This was thick, so we used spoons. I'm tellin' ya. It was GOOD.

*If you have extra bananas that you know you won't be able to eat before they go bad, just slice them, bag them, and throw them in the freezer. Then you'll always have the makings for this tasty treat. You can use any kind of fruit, but always use bananas. For the texture. And the taste, of course.

6 comments:

Captain J Morgan said...

Don't forget to give Gigi and Pop credit for the idea! We are hooked.....we have one EVERY night now! It is basically fruit and milk and it is so much better for you than a big bowl of ice cream!!!! Just visit the frozen fruit section at the grocery and let your imagination run wild :)

Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...

Yum. Gonna give this a whirl. Maybe it will cure Gabe's ice cream cravings.

Jabet Wade said...

Yes, I forgot to mention Gigi and Pop gave us the idea. :)

Jabet Wade said...

JPB - I'm going to try frozen bananas and peanut butter. Sounds like something our peanut butter lovin' guys would like. :)

Captain J Morgan said...

I saw a recipe somewhere this week that said to add cocoa for a "chocolate/banana" moothie :) Sounds yummo to me! Like I said...you can let your imagination run wild with this one....

jaims said...

we loooove smoothies! i have a bunch of recipes, try them and let me know if you like any! actually, i have more to post soon. the pb one sounds ah-mazing! yum.