Thursday, August 28, 2014

Carpooling entertainment

This morning I took the girls (Lola and Regan) to school. Lola started going to the Mtn. Home Montessori Preschool last week. She goes two days a week, and so does Regan, so we are carpooling with the Blackburns, which is really helpful when you're talking about a 40-minute one-way commute.

Anyway, as we were getting close to Mtn. Home, the girls were talking among themselves, and I overheard this little conversation:

Lola: "What is that big ol' thing?"
Regan: "That's a water tower."
Lola: "A water tower?"
Regan: "Can you say 'waaaaterrr'..."
Lola: "Water"
Regan: "Towerrrrrr" (She was sounding the words out for Lola like you would a little brother or sister, or like we as parents do for our kiddos sometimes.)
Lola: "Tower"

About 10 seconds of silence go by...

Lola: "Regan, I know what a water tower is."

I seriously laughed out loud. These two crack me up. I can only imagine how their conversations will evolve as they get older... :)

No comments: