Is it just me, or is the sky exceptionally beautiful this winter? It seems that every time I look up, whether it's in the middle of a blue-sky day or at dusk, I find myself reaching for my phone to snap a picture. And thank goodness for good iPhone cameras, because that's really the only camera I carry these days, despite the fact I have three good cameras at home.
You'll never hear me complain about the view from my office (see below). And as I get older (and I hope wiser), I appreciate where I live more each day. Sure, I sometimes long for the conveniences of living in a bigger town or a city - for us and for our kids. But, you can't beat the simplicity and the solidarity that comes with living in a rural area and being a part of a small community. It's special. We're lucky. And I try to remind myself of that often. I hope my kids appreciate it as they get older, and where ever they land as adults, I hope they always want to come home to the lake.
These were all taken with my phone and have not been edited; i.e. "no filter." The last photo was taken by Matt's phone. It's one of the best. Enjoy.
1 comment:
I was thinking the same thing this morning - it has been a beautiful season for sunsets and sunrises. I find myself pointing the sky out to Regan all the time. And amen to where we live. Lucky us to be able to live in a place like this and make a living. It isn't for everyone, but it is definitely for me.
Post a Comment