Thursday, February 12, 2015

Update in pictures!

We're staying busy! Which would explain the long gaps between blog posts. (Sorry.) I have an overload of pictures to purge from my phone, so that's what you're getting today. But first, a quick story from yesterday...

As a parent I've gotten to experience many "firsts" with my kiddos. First words, first steps, first tantrums, first time at the zoo, etc. etc. Yesterday, I was able to add another to my list: First time being pulled over by a state trooper with the kids in the car. Um, what?? Yes, this happened. I was only doing a couple miles over the speed limit (I swear!), but apparently it was enough to get him to want to follow me and run my tags. Turns out, he thought my tags were expired (they weren't), and he didn't even mention my speed when he pulled me over. (Whew!) And on top of all of that, I know said trooper (John Roberts for all you Pontiac and Ozark County people) quite well (he also works the water during the summertime), and we ended up talking about our kids. Ha! Naturally, Lola was very inquisitive and wanted to know exactly what was happening and why we were stopping on the side of the road and what exactly this police officer wanted with us. I explained to her that he was a nice police officer, just doing his job, and that everything was okay. And no, Mommy did not get a ticket!

Back to the pictures... Enjoy!

A few weeks ago we went to Columbia to get together with our cousins and watch the Mizzou-Arkansas basketball game. (Mizzou lost pretty much at the buzzer, but we don't need to dwell on that.) We rented a house and all stayed there together. The kiddos has lots of fun making s'mores in the fire pit!

Pre-game we went to Willie's for lunch.

We pretty much had the place to ourselves,
so the kiddos enjoyed all the bar games. :)


The home owners left all of their Christmas decorations up for us. It was very warm and welcoming, but goodness, that would drive me crazy. (It was a month past Christmas!) Made for some cute cousin pictures, though. (Matching pj's for all the kids from Gigi.)

Thanks to our St. Louis cousins we can now bring the beach indoors! Parents, if you don't have it, get some kinetic sand for your kids to play with on a rainy day.

Found these two in my bed reading books one day.

Finger painting before 8 a.m.!

It got messy.

Gigi's hand-me-down shirt is now Lola's favorite nightgown.

Matt has been drinking a green smoothie for lunch every day for going on three weeks now. I love them, and I make them often for the kiddos, but I rarely take the time to make one for myself. I finally made time, and it was so good!

On Saturday we went to Regan's "Frozen" birthday party. So fun, and lots of kiddos to play with! Happy 4th birthday, Regan!

On Sunday we had a picnic in the park. Lovin' this mild winter we're having, although the forecast for next week looks like winter could be coming back with a vengeance. Ughhhh.

Also on Sunday Lola found the face-painting kit and wanted me to paint her face. Eh, why not? Meowwww! 

A great big, HUGE, thank you to Nanny Linda for making these with Lola on Monday. I had some class Valentine ideas in mind but honestly wasn't sure when we were going to get them done. I had no idea they were doing this until she brought them home that day. There are 24 kids in her class at Montessori, and there are 24 of these cute little owls ready to go for her party tomorrow. Oh, and each with a sweet little Hershey's kiss inside. :)

Caught this moment on camera this morning before Lola and I left for school/work in Mountain Home. I swear, these two can fight like the best of them, but when they are in a loving mood, they are really loving. I don't know how long this phase will last, but I will take it when I can get it.

Lastly, happy birthday to Gigi!
xo, Lola and Finn

No comments: