
Today is the one-year anniversary of our Oscar adoption. It was this weekend last year that Uncle Caldwell brought him down from KC. He arrived Friday evening, just before dark. Cal dropped him in the backyard with us and headed down to the houseboat with some friends. Without a familiar face around, and just Matt, me and
(a very unfriendly and unwelcoming) new sister in his face, Oscar was a little scared. He kept running around, like he was looking for Caldwell. He absolutely refused to go up or down any stairs. We don't have many, just a couple on the deck and a couple in the house. His stair phobia was something the Whites (his first family) had warned us about. He had a crate, and he pretty much preferred to stay in it. He slept in it that first night and never made a peep. Day 2 was a fun one - Jess, Gabe and Aspen came over for an early Cinco de Mayo celebration. Caldwell and a few friends came over as well. Oscar played well with Aspen.
(They're now boyfriend-girlfriend.) That night when it was time for bed we put him in his crate again. He was quiet for a couple of minutes... and then he began to cry. That was it for us - we let him in the bed, and he slept all night without stirring.
(We now fully regret letting him sleep with us... Honey, too... and we're currently looking for a way to get them out!) He's a doll, and we love him! I think even Honey would agree. The two of them get along fine... most of the time. And even though he turns the trash can over when we're not home, does naughty things to his doggie pillow, tries to steal chocolate whenever possible
(bad dog, bad!), and bites at Honey's ears when he wants her to play with him... we can't imagine the Wade house without him!
5 comments:
Ahhhh, little Oskie! We couldn't imagine the Wade house without him and are so glad he came to stay!
We LOVE Ossie! I miss him terribly while we are away!
(Oops...I accidentally deleted the first comment which was same as the above.)
Sometimes I wish Ben and I had the bed to ourselves, too. But honestly, I think I would miss the girls if they weren't curled up in a crook.
Just get a bigger bed! :)
What size bed do you have, J? We already have a KING!
Post a Comment