Break
Out
Another
Thousand
If you've been around boats, you've likely heard that old adage. How about this one? "A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into."
Regardless, when you live on the lake... you've gotta have a boat. And ours is now temporarily out of commission.
We had company over the weekend - my girlfriends from college and their significant others visited from KC, Dallas and Chicago, and we had big plans to hit the lake. On Friday morning Matt took Jordan (Beth's husband) fishing, so I took Beth and Billie for a boat ride in the Four Winns. We cruised up to Spring Creek, then back down to Hollingsworth, where we found the guys. It was almost noon, and Hannah and Bobby were due to arrive around that time, so we decided to head in. That's when we heard the rattle in the engine. We were able to drive it in - despite the annoying noise, it still ran fine. A local mechanic met us at the dock and checked it over. He determined it most likely has a blown head gasket. I don't exactly know what that means, but I know it's not good. We'll be taking it out of the water this week for repair. I just hope, hope, HOPE it isn't worse than we already think and that it can be fixed sooner rather than... later. It's summertime, and we need a B.O.A.T.!
No comments:
Post a Comment