Turkey burgers: Jessica PB was kind enough to share this wonderful recipe with me not too long ago. It's a Sandra Lee recipe from the Food Netowrk. Here's what goes in 'em: ground all-white turkey breast, chunky applesauce, bacon bits, poultry seasoning, maple syrup, salt and pepper. (If you want the whole recipe with measurements, e-mail me.) We make them into sliders and serve them on mini wheat rolls. And don't forget the dipping sauce: mayo, Dijon mustard and maple syrup (go easy on this if you don't want to load up on calories!). These are fantastic. I crave them. Val and I worked the late shift at the dock last night, so Matt grilled these at home and brought them down to us. Val is now a fan as well. :)
Potatoes and peppers (from our garden) on the grill: We don't eat potatoes very often... in fact, I rarely cook them at home anymore. However, this summer we've been cooking them on the grill with peppers and eating them alongside grilled meats, and they are very tasty. We chop up the pots (skin on), four or five Hungarian Wax peppers, minced onion, garlic, Cavender's, salt, pepper and olive oil - and put them in an aluminum foil pouch on the grill for 20 to 30 minutes.
Grilled chicken wings with Syberg's: Yep, I'm bringing it up again: Syberg's! Delish! When we were in St. Louis last month we bought five bottles - we're down to two. We did give one to Jess and Gabe, but that still means Matt and I have downed two bottles of wing sauce in less than two months. Yes, it's that good.
No comments:
Post a Comment