Sunday, September 13, 2009

Books & Movies

I just finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife this morning. I loved it. It took me a couple of chapters to decide whether I liked it - I found it sort of confusing and hard to follow at first. But, before long I was hooked. The movie is in theatres now. I wonder if I can drag Matt to see it? :)

On the movie front, Sex and the City is on HBO now, and I've watched snippets of it three or four times in the past few weeks. We saw it when it first came out. I think I could watch it over and over. Such a good movie.

Today we watched Pride and Glory, sort of unintentionally. Matt had DVR'd it earlier in the week, and he pushed play this afternoon, "just to see what it's about." We ended up watching the entire movie (I'm not sure why), and it's not very good. It's extremely violent. If you know me, you know that is not my kind of movie. The only good part about the movie is Ed Norton. I really like him as an actor. Besides that, it was a real downer. Have you seen We Own the Night with Joaquin Phoenix? It's a lot like it. That movie still haunts me.

Now we're watching Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one). Sigh. I do love me some pirates.

No comments: