Saturday, January 30, 2010
Is it warm where you are?
I don't really dig snow. Kids love it, of course, and even a lot of adults like to get out and romp around in it. I prefer to hide out indoors by the fire until spring. There's a lot of snow on the ground, which means I haven't left the house all day. Matt started his morning by shoveling snow from the roofs of some of the older docks. I read and caught up on some of my DVR'd shows, and I worked on a story about our BVI sailing trip for 417 Magazine . I cooked waffles and turkey bacon for breakfast. (Click here for the waffle recipe.) This afternoon I made chicken chili with white beans, brown rice, a little bit of corn, onion, green chilis and white chili seasoning. Then I made a South Beach dessert - a cherry-apple crisp with oats, whole-grain flour, Splenda and cinnamon. I've had several cups of hot tea - decaf, otherwise I'd be up all night. I did all the laundry. I watched Matt play baseball on the Wii. And now we're watching Castaway, quite possibly one of the most depressing movies ever. We had to fast-forward through the plane crash scene, though. Neither of us could take watching that. And I had to leave the room when he pulled his tooth. Now he's arguing with the soccer ball - or, is it a volleyball? Either way, I'm about ready to find a different movie... and for this snow to melt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment