...make margaritas? Sounds good to me. Just hold the tequila, please.
Sorry it's been so long since I've written. We've been a bit preoccupied. I think the word is out to most everyone now that we are expecting a little Wade in September! I'm 12 weeks, and apparently the little tyke is the size of a lime (a little over 2 inches and 1/2 an ounce). An appropriately colored fruit for St. Patrick's Day, don't ya think? :)
We just had our second doctor's appointment last Friday and were able to hear the heartbeat. The sound surprised me so much that I started to laugh... and laugh and laugh and laugh. It wasn't funny, and it didn't tickle, but I just couldn't stop laughing! Of course, my laughter and movements kept interfering with the instrument, so finally the doc gave up and said, "Everything looks good! See you in a month." We didn't find out the heart rate, and I'm really curious what it was. Next time I will think only serious thoughts and be sure not to laugh. Wish me luck. :)
9 comments:
We are SO happy for you and Matt! I think you two will make wonderful parents, and I can only imagine how exciting this journey will be for you both. I hope that all is going well and once again to tell you that we are very excited for you!
emily
Congratulations! Loved your post, keep laughing. This is one lucky little Wade.
Vicki
hahaha...this cracked me up...that sounds like what I'll probably do when I have a little one. You guys are going to make amaaaaazing parents. Just wanted to tell you again how excited we are for you both. Hope to see you and hang out this summer when I'm home. Cheers to William Thomas Wade (Chad's current name of choice for the bambino). Get it? ;)
Jess - I've already decided I'm calling the baby Carlos regardless of legal name or sex.
Peterson - Chad has pretty much decided the same. But when I suggested Willy T. Wade, he was intrigued for a while...I think, in the end, it all comes back to Carlos, though. Aww, little Carlos Wade. Such a sweetheart, can't wait to meet him or her. :)
How lucky is this kid to have so many nicknames before it even progresses out of the lime-size stage! It won't have a prayer with all of us around!
Thanks, everyone! And thank you, J and J, for all the name suggestions... but, don't you mean Carlos William Thornton Wade? It's really kinda growing on me. ;)
I think Carlos William Thornton Wade sounds VERY dignified. Like a future US President or something.
Dude, he's fo sho gonna be Prez with a name like that. Or at the very least senator. Patrick can run his campaign.
Post a Comment