Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nicknames

She isn't even three weeks old, and Lola already has several nicknames. Before she was born, my dad started calling her Lulu - and, he got several Pontiac folks calling her that as well! My friend Lori's nickname is "Lu" - so, Lulu is pretty special. :) Lulu is also Lucy Buffett's nickname - Jimmy's sister. Matt and I often call her Lola Bean or The Bean. I think I heard my mom call her "LB" one day... short for Lola Bean, I guess? And, we call her Sweetpea sometimes, too. The latest (and perhaps, the strangest) nickname so far is the one Matt has been calling her... Petunia. Or, "Tunia" for short. Where in the world that came from, I have no idea...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! :)

Petunia! I like that. I looked up the meaning:

"Petunia is a Lat In girl name. The meaning of the name is `a flower ` Where is it used? The name Petunia is mainly used In English. The name Petunia doesn`t appear In the US top 1000 most common names over de last 128 years. The name Petunia seems to be unique!"

She's Petunia and I'm Morning Glory! We both have flower nicknames, too!

Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...

Love it! The best nicknames come out of nowhere and will be very special. I mean, how/where in the world did my dad come up with jugginbug? But he still calls me that and Gabe has taken it up too - often shortened to 'jug' or 'juggo'.