In case you're keeping tabs, this is my 200th post!
I know I'm behind on my blogging. The big holdup has to do with me not downloading the pictures from Christmas. (I promise I'll get them up this weekend.) We had a fun first Christmas with Lola Bean. She won't remember it, but we sure will! On Christmas Eve we invited Matt's mom, dad, grandma and brother Jeff, his girlfriend and her little girl to our house for chili and sandwiches. It was a last-minute get-together, as we've been awaiting the arrival of another Baby Wade - Chris and Lindsey (Matt's brother and his wife) were expecting him any day, and we were under a winter weather advisory, so they stayed in Springfield to be close to the hospital. (He was born yesterday, but I'll get to that in a minute.) Cal and Kate drove down on Saturday, and we had Christmas "breakfast" with them and my parents - it was afternoon before we actually ate, but who's watching the clock on Christmas day? We pretty much laid around all weekend, eating and playing with Lola. It was very low key and relaxed - a perfect first Christmas as a family of three.
Yesterday (Dec. 29) marked the arrival of Lola's newest cousin: Daniel Jackson Wade. He weighed 7 lbs, 10 oz and was 21 inches. And, he has a full head of black hair! Both Mom and Baby are well, and Chris, Lindsey, Madison and Maddox are all happy he's here. Matt, Lola and I went to Springfield today to see him - he's a handsome little guy! (Pictures to come.)
If you don't hear from me tomorrow, have a fun, happy and safe NYE! Until next year...
1 comment:
Post the Christmas pics woman!!! :)
Post a Comment