A sneak peek at Lola's first bite of real food - brown rice cereal. Yum! After having a great check-up the previous week and thinking she was going to be a-okay on milk alone for a while longer, everything changed! Oh, what a difference a day makes. Suddenly last week she wasn't sleeping well, seemed unsatisfied and fussier than usual, so we started giving her a little rice. I didn't have any store-bought rice cereal, so I made it by grinding brown rice into a powder, cooking it on the stove with water, then using some of my milk to thin it down. She seems to like it. At least she likes eating from the spoon. She made some very funny faces (which we caught on camera and video) and probably got more on her bib than in her tummy. I'm not sure it's the miracle answer we were looking for, as she's still fighting sleep at night. But - fingers crossed - hopefully this is just a phase that will soon pass. :)
Saturday, January 22, 2011
FOOD
A sneak peek at Lola's first bite of real food - brown rice cereal. Yum! After having a great check-up the previous week and thinking she was going to be a-okay on milk alone for a while longer, everything changed! Oh, what a difference a day makes. Suddenly last week she wasn't sleeping well, seemed unsatisfied and fussier than usual, so we started giving her a little rice. I didn't have any store-bought rice cereal, so I made it by grinding brown rice into a powder, cooking it on the stove with water, then using some of my milk to thin it down. She seems to like it. At least she likes eating from the spoon. She made some very funny faces (which we caught on camera and video) and probably got more on her bib than in her tummy. I'm not sure it's the miracle answer we were looking for, as she's still fighting sleep at night. But - fingers crossed - hopefully this is just a phase that will soon pass. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment