TWO MORE THINGS:
We've been trying to "brush" Lola's teeth before bed every night. Our pediatrician says as soon as the first tooth pops through you should at least wipe it with a cloth after the last feeding. Um, do you know how difficult that is? Especially if your little one sort of falls asleep during her last feeding? I want to be diligent about this, though, because I have a history of bad teeth (lots of fillings, and even a root canal and a crown before I was 30), so I really want to start taking good care of Lola's teeth now. (Or, maybe she'll just inherit her dad's good teeth.) Anyway, we started out just wiping her teeth with a damp cloth, and then a couple of weeks ago we actually started using a small toothbrush. We don't use toothpaste, of course, because she can't spit it out yet. Just a little water. She gets such a kick out of it!
The second thing I forgot to mention in the earlier post is we had our first little 24-hour bug last week. Boo hoo. It was not fun. I'm not 100 percent convinced that it wasn't related to teething (she got two new teeth last week), but, she ran a fever of 102.8, which was pretty high for teething, according to the nurse. We were able to manage her fever with tylenol (once we figured out the correct dosage!), and it broke in less than 24 hours, thank goodness, so we didn't even have to make a trip to the doctor. This all happened last Wednesday, and her sleeping has been disrupted for a week. But, I think she's finally back on track. I just laid her in her crib awake but sleepy, and I backed out of the room, blowing her kisses and waving night night. She didn't cry. She just smiled and waved back. Ah, suhweeeeeeeeet.
No comments:
Post a Comment