Saturday, August 20, 2011

"That kid is freakin' cute"

I kid you not - I heard a woman say this at the dock today... about Lola. :) What can I say - she IS pretty darn cute. (I might be a lil bit biased.) Matt and I shared the shift this evening - I went in first and worked for a few hours, and then he brought Lola down, and he stayed to close (he's still there), and I brought her home to do dinner, bath and bedtime. A pretty good storm blew threw about an hour ago. The thunder was SO loud. I was getting Lola ready for bed. She didn't seem to notice, but Oscar was trying to find someplace to hide. It's still rumbling, but the storm has passed (I think), and it cooled off a little. It's actually really nice outside now.

She'll be one year old in two weeks. It's really sneaking up on me, and fast! So many memories are rushing back. A few people have asked me if I'm "sad" about her turning one. I'm really not. She has such a personality now, I can't wait to see what's she's going to say/do/learn next. I don't mind that she's one. I just want her to stay this age/size forever...

Hope you're having a lovely weekend, too, where ever you are.

No comments: