Tuesday, November 6, 2012

D-Day

A clarification.

So, I've been telling everyone my due date is Nov. 7. That's tomorrow, in case you've lost track of the days this week. Well, I have a confession to make. My original due date was actually Nov. 10. That's the date I was given when I found out I was pregnant. But then when I had my ultrasound, the ultrasound tech declared it was Nov. 7, based on baby boy's measurements, etc. So, I went with that day because it sounded soooo much sooner than Nov. 10. But really, I never dreamed it would matter because, what's three days when you're talking about 40 weeks? And besides, he was going to be early, just like Lola. He was supposed to be an October baby.

But now here we are six days into November and ONE day away from my due date and still no baby. Or are we four days away? Maybe it was Nov. 10 all along. Maybe I still have FOUR WHOLE DAYS left. Maybe he'll be late! Did you know that more than half of all babies are born after their due date? (Why didn't I know this before? Oh yeah, because my first child was 26 days early, so why would I educate myself about that sort of thing? THIS little family doesn't have late babies!) So if he isn't born tomorrow, then will he be considered "late" or will he not be considered "late" until Sunday? I don't know! Does it really matter?! I mean, really, does it? It's just THREE DAYS difference, people, and either way you look at it, this baby could be born AT ANY MINUTE. At least that's what we're begging hoping for.

One day we'll all look back on this and laugh.

40-week (gulp) snapshot coming soon.

1 comment:

Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...

I'm going to tell you something you don't want to hear. When we had our first ultrasound the tech also gave us a different date and I said something about that to my doc. She said that if you know for certain the first day of your last period, the calculated date is the accurate due date and the one to go by, not an ultrasound date. Her words were something to the effect that the ultrasound techs are a little too proud of their due dates.