Saturday, February 23, 2013

I know what you're thinking

FOUR posts in one day? Where does she find the time?!

Well. Let me tell you. I have a million other things I should be doing. But all I really want to do this morning (besides make homemade breakfast bars) is blog. Because for the past six weeks I have been trapped. Paralyzed. Consumed. By a deadline. By the way, the word "deadline" is so appropriately named, don't you think? DEADline. Because deadlines are really horrible. But the relief and the satisfaction that follow are really wonderful.

Last fall (right before Finn was born) I accepted an assignment from 417 Magazine to write the cover story for the June issue. Again. I hesitated at first. I was pregnant with Finn and would be staying home with him for a few months after he was born, not to mention I have a toddler AND another job, so how in the world would I have time to do it? But I didn't want to turn it down because...

What if they NEVER ask me again?

So I accepted. On the condition that I wouldn't be able to start it until after the first of the year. I figured I would need six weeks of postpartum recovery time to recharge my brain, plus it would be the holidays... but January 1 sounded do-able. But then Jan. 1 rolled around and, Oy. I still didn't really have time, but I had to do it. And even though there were several times I thought I wouldn't be able to finish it or really do a good job with it, I did finish it. And I did do a good job. At least I think so. You'll have to let me know what you think when it comes out this June.

I'd like to thank my little family (Matt, Lola and Finn) for allowing me the flexibility to do it and for putting up with me over the past six weeks. I think we all need a vacation now, don't you?

By the way, if anyone needs a lesson in multitasking I'm your gal.

No comments: