Finally, some snow. No one told me that becoming a parent would allow me to feel like a kid again. Every new experience for Lola brings to the surface an old tucked-away memory for me. And watching it snow -
really snow - last week was no exception. This is Lola's third winter, and this was the first
real snow she had ever seen... the first time she ever built a snowman... the first time she went sledding... the first time she caught a snowflake on her tongue. I'll admit I'm not a fan of the white stuff. And I'm desperately seeking warmer weather these days. But this was the perfect snow: six inches of fluff one day - gone the next.
Just beginning to fall:
The next morning:
A hearty breakfast before braving the cold:
"Do I really need all these layers, Mom?"
Frosty Girl:
Snow bunnies:
p.s. I know I'm waaaaay behind here, but I've recently discovered
instagram, and I love it. I've had the app for quite some time and just never used it. Makes taking pictures with my phone even greater. :)
1 comment:
M built her first snowman this snowfall, too! and i love instagram. we need to find each other!
Post a Comment