We've been working on really praising and rewarding Lola anytime she is cooperative, helpful, sweet to her brother, timely (i.e. She does something the first time we ask - like brushing her teeth - instead of the 10th time.) You know, accentuate the positive. So I printed a sticker chart that looks like a jar full of marbles; 25 marbles to be exact, and they're numbered 1-25. The idea is, we give her stickers anytime she exhibits the good behavior mentioned above (and we give them pretty freely - we can't let this drag on forever or she'll lose interest). And when all 25 spaces are filled with stickers she gets a prize. Yay!
So, yesterday when we were driving home, I reminded her that her sticker chart is almost full, and that she should work really hard to earn all the remaining stickers by the end of the week, so that she can get her prize/reward this weekend. I asked her to tell me a few (little) things she might like to have. This is just a sampling of what she said:
1. A donut maker
2. A snow machine for her bedroom
3. Tiny gloves for her baby dolls (Do you know how freaking hard it is to put gloves on a child? Can you imagine trying to put them on a small doll? I don't think so...)
4. A monkey
5. Her own computer
Hmm. And I was thinking more along the lines of new crayons or a book.
3 comments:
I think the donut machine is an awesome idea. Let me know when you are using it and I will be over to help eat them.
All of those sound pretty cool.
For Regan, we have a treasure chest that she can pick from when she fills up her rock jar (I like this gumball thing though - you need to tell me more about that). Its just a basket full of little items. Most are just dollar aisle Target finds or books, etc. Regan thinks it is awesome. We don't always use that though. If there is something we would like to plan to do anyway - like take a trip to the zoo - we will tell her that when she fills it, we get to go to the zoo. That also works really well.
JPB - I remember your treasure chest idea, and that is a good one. I usually try to keep a little stash of small books and trinkets for "prizes" to hand out now and then. The marble jar printable was something I found online. If I can find it again, I'll email it to you! I think I just searched free reward charts or printables... something like that.
Post a Comment