Thursday, May 14, 2009

I *heart* sandwiches

Recently Matt and I tried the new torpedoes ("over a foot of Quiznos flavor served on slim, sleek ciabatta bread") at Quiznos. They're awesome - and this is coming from two we-never-try-anything-new-at-Quiznos-because-we-love-our-regular-sandwich-so-much people. He ALWAYS gets the chicken carbonara, and I get the turkey, ranch and swiss with cheddar instead of swiss. However, we both decided to branch out and try something new - I had the pesto turkey torpedo (turkey, mozzarella, chopped lettuce and tomato, basil pesto, red wine vinaigrette), and Matt had the beef, bacon and cheddar torpedo (roast beef, bacon, cheddar, chopped lettuce and tomato, mayo, yellow mustard). Delicious. Next time we want to try the Big Kahuna Tuna (tuna salad, cheddar, banana peppers, chopped lettuce and tomato, red wine vinaigrette).

While we're on the subject, these are a few other sandwiches I love dearly...

Curry chicken salad at Tea Bar & Bites (Springfield, Mo.)
Chicken salad on marble swirl at the Harlin House (Gainesville, Mo.)
Chicken wrap (not really a sandwich, but close enough) at Galloway Station (Springfield, Mo.)
"Adult" grilled cheese at Nearly Famous Deli (Springfield, Mo.)
Blackened dolphin (mahi-mahi) at Islamorada Fish Co. (Islamorada, Fla.)
Blackened wahoo at the Seven Mile Grill (Marathon, Fla.)
Chicken artichoke sub at Bambino's (Columbia, Mo.)
Pulled pork at Oklahoma Joe's (KC, Kan.)

2 comments:

Captain J Morgan said...

You inherited your love of food from us obviously!!!!

Jbird said...

I haven't thought of Bambino's in so long....I really need to get back to Columbia and quick!