Monday, May 25, 2009

A new obsession

About three things I am absolutely positive.

First, I never thought I'd like a book about vampires... this much.

Second, there is a part of me - and I don't know how dominant that part might be - that thirsts for the rest of the story.

And third, I am unconditionally and irrevocably obsessed with the Twilight series.

Thank you, Billie. :)

Okay, so if you've read any of the Twilight saga, or if you've seen the movie, you know I stole (and tweaked) those lines from the first one. Yes, I know I'm behind, as the Twilight fuss is nothing new. But, it is to me! And until about a week ago, a book about vampires - romance or not - did not appeal to me. However, when Matt and I were in KC a couple weeks ago visiting Billie at her new place, I noticed the books stacked neatly on her bookshelf. I asked her about them, and when she gushed about how GOOD they are, I said, okay, fine, let me borrow the first one.

And, I'm hooked.

This weekend Katelyn Phelps (teenage daughter of our friends, Craig and Stephanie) brought me the second (New Moon) and third (Eclipse) books. I still can't get over the fact that someone my age can be this enthralled by a series that also appeals to girls half my age... and women twice my age! Now that I've begun the series, I find myself asking people all around me if they've read the books - and so many have! I talked to a lady last night at the dock - she read all four in 72 hours. She even called in sick to work because she couldn't make herself stop.

I am intrigued.

Why am I typing instead of reading? No idea. Gotta go. :)

2 comments:

mrsmuth said...

what is wrong with you? didn't we have a conversation about all those annoying twilight people? sheesh......

Jabet Wade said...

Now I am one of them. :)