Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back on Dry Land

In case anyone is wondering... we're alive! Just been sailing the British Virgin Islands since last Thursday. No big deal. :) No really, I'm sitting on a breezy balcony in Tortola as I write this. I planned to wait until we get back tomorrow to post anything, but since the hotel here has wireless, and I've had enough sun for the month of January... I thought, oh, what the heck. There will be many stories to follow, and about a thousand pictures to share. It was a once-in-a-lifetime sort of trip. We lived and slept on a 48-foot catamaran for seven days and seven nights with three other couples and our captain, Warren. (Did I mention I'm still rocking?) Here's a snippet of stories to come... scuba diving the RMS Rhone shipwreck; eating lobster on the beach at Anegada; eating chicken roti for breakfast one morning and for dinner on our last night at sea; Painkillers and Carib; sampling the wings of the Caribbean; the Willy T; wet dinghy rides; rain, rain, rain, sun, sun, sun; "cab" rides - a.k.a. hanging on for dear life in an open-air bus or in the back of a truck; the coolest flight and landing ever in Tortola; Alan, Dragon and Night Hawk - the three best friends that anyone could have; the beach at Jost Van Dyke; the Baths at Virgin Gorda... and sooooooo much more.

2 comments:

Captain J Morgan said...

Welcome back! Don't say it is a "once in a lifetime" experience.....there is NO reason you can't do it again!!!!

Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...

Don't forget about "flippy bowl." Otherwise known as, "How to make the most out of a rainy day in Anegada."