Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hump Day Update

We're now 18 weeks along, and all is well with myself and Baby Wade. Nothing too new to report. We have a doctor's appointment and an ultrasound scheduled for next Friday (to confirm whether it's a girl or a boy). Besides that, we're just crossing the days off the calendar! I have to say, the first few weeks really felt slow... but, time is definitely starting to go by faster, and I can't believe we only have five months left!

I'm finally feeling the itch to start getting things ready, so we have lots of projects planned for this weekend in the baby's room - we're painting all the trim, baseboards, closet doors, etc., hanging new blinds, and hopefully choosing a paint color for the walls. Our second spare bedroom will remain a spare bedroom, but, right now it's cluttered with all of the stuff that used to be in the baby's room. So... while Matt is painting, I'll be sorting through all of that stuff, deciding what goes, what stays, and what needs to be moved to the garage. I also want to work in the garden this weekend. It's all tilled up and ready to be planted... we just need to decide what to put in it! I'm thinking lettuce, spinach (I know, those should already be in the ground... I'm a little behind!), lots of peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and okra. I'm also planting some herbs in one of the big pots on the deck. (Pictures of all of this to come...)

On a food note... I made a tuna noodle casserole last night. (Recipe adapted from Cooking Light magazine.) Matt was VERY skeptical about this, but he liked it enough that he went back for seconds! (Either that, or he was just really starving.) I'd never made one before, so I was pretty excited about it. It was quite good! I'll post the recipe on the Living Well blog. (Oh, and in case you are wondering... yes, pregnant ladies are supposed to limit their tuna intake, and this is the FIRST tuna I've had since I've been pregnant. I used to eat it straight from the can multiple days a week!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want some okra! Yummy!

Jabet Wade said...

I know! It is the best fried. :)

Jess said...

I'd love to have the tuna casserole recipe. I only like my tuna raw at sushi places, or lightly seared on a salad...never been a fan of canned tuna, but Chad loves it, so I'll definitely give this a shot. I love that it comes from Cooking Light--casseroles, while delicious, can be ridiculously fattening. :) Thanks for all the great recipes!

Pontiac Cove Marina & Resort said...

I keep forgetting to post the recipe, but I will do that asap!