It seems that registering for baby isn't as much fun as buying things you don't really need... like frilly outfits and headbands, and cute decorations for the room. Matt and I went to St. Louis on Wednesday, where we met Megan, Patrick and Blake for lunch at Zia's on The Hill. After that, Megan, Matt and I went to Babies R Us to shop for baby stuff and add to our registry. I had heard the store can be quite overwhelming, and it was. It's true... there are 500 different kinds of bottles and nipples and pacifiers and strollers and car seats and diapers and wipes... and the list goes on. Megan was a big help in pointing out things that come in handy for her or things that are really not necessary. I would definitely recommend going with someone who's been there, done that when you go to register for a new baby. Yikes.
After that, Matt and I met Hannah and Bobby at Syberg's for some wings (and to pick up a case of sauce), then on to Busch Stadium to watch the Cardinals beat the Reds. A great game... hot dogs and nachos were delish as always.
On Thursday we slept in (yessssss, that was much-needed after a busy Memorial weekend), then went shopping at Trader Joe's and World Market. I had never been in either store, and we loaded up on some things at TJ's that we (unfortunately) can't find in grocery stores around here and a few (unnecessary, yet too-cool-to-pass-up) items for our home and deck at WM. The highlight of our day was lunch at Applegate's. Megan recommended it, and boy were we glad we tried it. It's just a simple deli, but the food is made fresh daily and oh-so-good. I had a chicken salad sandwich on wheat with a cup of soup; Matt had a BBQ brisket sandwich with mac and cheese and potato wedges. We finished it off with a giant (and still warm from the oven) peanut butter cup cookie. Oh. My. Goodness. Good call, Megan.
We came home Thursday evening then got up early Friday and headed to Springfield for our monthly doctor's visit. It was just a quick check-up; all is well on the Baby Girl Wade front. (On that note, I guess it's time to put it out there... her name is Lola. We all call her that, so I might as well start writing it, too!) She has been kicking like crazy these days! I think she's going to be pretty feisty. :) We had sushi for lunch at Haruno (happy anniversary to us on Monday!), then shopped for Lola at Baby News and Target, adding a few items to our registry there. Then back home yesterday evening.
I'm getting ready to head to work for the rest of the day and again tomorrow morning. That's our week in a nut shell. Cheers!
5 comments:
Umm, your post made me hungry despite the fact that we just had Chipotle. lol That all sounds amazing and the registry sounds scary; thank goodness for Meg! I can't believe you had never been to TJ's or World Market. TJ's is huge here; they are absolutely everywhere, and I can never ever go into World Market without coming out with something I likely don't need. We have furniture from there as well. Love it love it. Their chocolate and wine selection is awesome.
Ok so Lola is official now, but we all know her real name...
Can't wait to see you guys in August! Can I access your registry online now?
xoxo
J - my life revolves around food these days. Did I mention Trader Joe's salt and vinegar potato chips are THE BEST? They are. They really are. If we had a TJ's in Ozark County (or heck, anywhere in southern MO), I'd be a happy camper!
Yep, you can see our registries online now... but, just know they're still works in progress... sigh. :)
Can't wait to see you guys! I can't believe you're getting hitched in less than 2 weeks. Eeeeeeeee!
My wife's awesome. Happy 7th babe.
Awwww Matty, you are such a sweetie!
Isn't he?? I think this is the FIRST time he has ever commented on any of my blogs... :)
Post a Comment