Friday, January 14, 2011

4-month stats

We took Lola for her 4-month well-check appointment yesterday. She now weighs 14 lbs, 14 1/2 oz and is 25 inches long. She's in the 75th percentile for weight and 90th for height. (At 2 months she weighed 11 lbs, 6 oz and was 23 inches - 50th for weight and 75th for height). Dr. Mai, our pediatrician, couldn't believe how quickly she has caught up after being 26 days early and slightly small at birth. Some pediatricians recommend starting babies on cereal at 4 months, but Dr. Mai said we don't need to do that because Lola is thriving on milk alone. I'm a little relieved. I think it'll be fun to start introducing new foods to her eventually, but for now mealtime is pretty simple. :)

She had two shots yesterday, and thankfully it wasn't nearly as bad as the last time. (Last time, she screamed an awful scream, and I cried.) She did cry, but it was short-lived. Last night she felt pretty warm, so I checked her temp, and sure enough, she had a fever of 101.2F, which is a normal side effect from the vaccinations. We gave her a dose of Tylenol for the first time. This morning she still had a low-grade fever, but it was better. She's been napping for a couple of hours in her swing, and I think I hear her stirring now. Duty calls. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your a good Mom!