Monday, May 23, 2011

Mommy brain...

...is a real thing. I always heard women talk about it before, and I'd secretly roll my eyes, like, oh whatever. But, now that I'm a mom, I can attest that mommy brain is real, and I am suffering from it.

I completely forgot to pick up our dogs from the groomer today.

Granted, it was a Monday, and I had a billion other things to do - like work, spend time with our new nanny, Katelyn, who is going to be staying with us for part of the summer, and write a column for the paper (which I'm still working on right now at 9:05 p.m.)

First of all, I thought their appointment with the groomer was at 9 a.m. I got to work this morning and looked at my calendar to see that it was actually at 11. No big deal, but I had to rearrange a few things.

When I dropped them off I chatted with Ruby (the groomer) for a few minutes, then as I was leaving I said, "Pick them up around 3?" She said yes and that she herself had a hair appointment this afternoon after she was done with Honey and Oscar, and she was looking forward to it.

I ran to town to the bank then back to work. At about 12:30 I noted the time and thought to myself: "I have plenty of time before they have to be picked up." Next thing I know my cell phone is ringing, and it's Ruby. My heart sank as I looked at the clock and saw that it was 3:20. Where had the day gone? Luckily Matt was there, so he ran out the door to go get them. Poor dogs. They have certainly taken a backseat since Miss Lola arrived.

Sigh. I'm really not a dumb blonde. Really. I'm not.

1 comment:

mrsmuth said...

told you so... its bad. like the worst side effect. I can deal with baby fat or stretchmarks. but being stupid blows!