Friday, July 8, 2011
Hello, my name is Jabet, and I've been clean for one week
I love me some diet coke. In fact, I look forward to drinking one every. single. day. Lately I'd gotten in the habit of drinking two a day. When I woke up in the morning I started dreaming about the cold, dark, fizzy deliciousness. I don't drink coffee or smoke or drink a shot of whisky when I wake up. Diet coke was my vice. It was as if I had to have one... or else. I had also been feeling really sluggish, especially in the afternoons. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but I began to wonder if it were all the diet coke I'd been drinking (I usually drank both of them before noon). I know it's full of all kinds of artificiality. Some people even say it's toxic. (Can you imagine??) So, I decided to implement a little challenge to myself: one week without diet coke. Could I do it, and if I did, would I survive? The answer, my friends, is yes. Yes, I did it. Yes, I survived. Do I feel better? I'm not sure, but I don't feel any worse! Does this mean I will never drink diet coke again? Heck no! It just means I'm not going to be a one-a-day, or, for heavens sakes, a two-a-day drinker anymore. Whew. It feels good to be on the wagon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you, sister. I'm down to a maximum of three a day. (Trying to wean myself off for the day when I get preggo.) I've never gone a full week, maybe I should give it a shot. ...The thought alone kind of terrifies me. lol Oh, sweet sweet Diet Coke!
Post a Comment