Sunday, August 7, 2011

Changin' it up!

I've been blogging since 2006, and I just now figured out how to make my posts a little more fun and colorful. I don't think blogger actually had this capability when I started the PCM blog. I think there was a fairly recent upgrade to the design features on blogger, and I just never switched over to the new template (or whatever) until now.

Anyway, now I can do fun stuff, like change the colors of words. Or keep the words black and shade the background. I can center the text like it is in this paragraph if I feel like it or keep it left-aligned like the paragraph above. I can make the font really big if I want to, or make it really small like this. I can even change the font if I so desire.

This may seem like pretty simple stuff to someone who knows a lot (or even just a little) more about computers and design than I do. But, to me it's an exciting discovery! I recently tweaked the design of my blog (you may have noticed a different post title font and body font). How do you like it? Lori told me the body copy is hard to read. Is anyone else having this problem?

If I could blog for a living I would. It's so much fun. And now it just got a whole lot funner.

(Yes, I know 'funner' isn't a word. It just sort of slipped out. Sorry, Mrs. Eubank.)

7 comments:

Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...

Loving the new look, but I'm with Lu - the new font looks really cool but is sometimes hard to read. :)

Jenny said...

I love the new font and haven't had a hard time reading it. But then again I'm used to my hand writing so I can read pretty much anything.

mrsmuth said...

A little hard to read

Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...

I think the moral of the story is the font was easy for youngins' like Jenny, but not so easy for us old folks. ;)

Jabet Wade said...

I changed it back to a pretty basic font. Better?

Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...

Oh, yes! Easy for the aged to read now. :).