by Matt Wade
I don't normally share info like this. I was going to email it, but Jabet thought I should relay it via her blog...
Interesting story. In 6 years of working at the marina we've never had a rental boat run out of gas. Until today. Normally when people ask about the gas tanks on our boats we tell them it's pretty much impossible to run out of gas unless they run wide open all day long and don't pay attention to their gas gauge. These guys rented our 35-foot pontoon, which has a 30-gallon tank. They weren't skiing or tubing, which typically uses more gas. When I found them at point 16 (about 7 or 8 miles from PCM), they had no idea where they were, where they'd come from, or how to get back to Pontiac.
I wondered how in the world someone could get themselves in a predicament like this, but as soon as I saw the guy's shirt I knew. He's a KU grad.
6 comments:
Sorry Kate....but if the shoe fits....!!!!
:) I bet they had a really great time while using all that gas! Rock Chalk!
I am guessing the MU grads didn't fill up e boat...
'Guest comment' from Patrick: "you charged them for blinker fluid, right?"
LOL! That's awesome. I had to share that with some of the K-State grads I work with. I like Patrick's 'guest comment'! Ha!
Actually, Betsy, I think they were scared and shaking. They thought they might die out there and get eaten by sharks.
Blinker fluid and brake fluid!
Post a Comment