Sunday, February 12, 2012

There's no place like home

Not even Belize...
...well, that's debatable.

We just returned home after three weeks of craziness:
7 days in Belize
10 days in my parents' basement (while we remodeled our kitchen)
6 days in St. Louis for the annual boat and sportshow (work)

But, today? We're HOME.
Home, sweet home.

Lola is asleep in her bed for the first time in 23 days. She's happy, and so are we. Our kitchen is very near completion. The countertops are scheduled to be installed in the morning (barring any winter weather - apparently winter has finally arrived in the Ozarks). And minus a few small finishing touches, the kitchen will be done. I used the new (gas) stove for the first time tonight to heat up some soup Matt's mom gave us to have for dinner. The soup was delish, and the stove is awesome. Pictures of everything coming soon!

I know I'm behind on my blogging. But, stay tuned. I'm about to get caught up.

1 comment:

jaims said...

can't wait to see the remodel! sounds like you're adding even more memories to a special house!