Thursday, February 2, 2012

What's new

Since we've been home from Belize, a few new things have come to our attention:

1. Lola now calls Matt "daddy" instead of "dada."

2. She is super attached to parrot. He isn't just for naptime and bedtime anymore. She carries him EVERYWHERE. He was so filthy last night I couldn't stand it anymore. I managed to convince her that he needed a "bath," and she let me put him in the washing machine. We're staying at my parents' house while we finish remodeling our kitchen, and they have a front-loading washer, so you can see what's inside. Once you shut the door and push start, it locks. She sort of cried out and tried to open the door when the water started pouring in and he started to tumble. It was pitiful. But, toddlers have a very short attention span, so I managed to direct her attention elsewhere long enough to get her out of there, and she forgot about him for a little while.

Parrot was a Christmas present from GiGi and Pop in 2010.

3. Toddlers are very repetitive and demanding. 'Nuff said.

No comments: