Thursday, September 4, 2014

Happy birthday, Lola!

Yesterday was Lola's 4th birthday. On one hand, I cannot believe it has been four years since she surprised us on Labor Day weekend. FOUR YEARS! Yet, there are lots of times I forget she is only four years old, because she is so bright and witty (and tall).

Lola has a very special "Nanny" (aka "Miss Linda"). She came over Tuesday night after Lola went to sleep and set all of this up. If you follow Linda's posts on facebook, you've probably seen the gnomes at her house and the shenanigans they're always into. This time, they threw a party for Lola in our gazebo complete with play-doh birthday cake! 


Surprise!

They even brought her a birthday card.
This year she has been most excited about the cards!

And they brought gifts!

 
Lola requested peanut butter pie for her birthday instead of cake. (Her dad was so proud.) And hey, I'm all over that because 1. peanut butter pie is DELICIOUS, and 2. it is SO much easier to make than a cake. (Although I still have to make a cake for her party on Saturday...)

And then there was this surprise from all the grandparents!

Her daddy picked this out.
(I think he really wants one in his size.)

1 comment:

Lyn said...

They really do need a full size one. Can't wait for Lola to bring that to my house I've got lots of projects for her to accomplish with it.