Monday, September 15, 2014

Lola's birthday party in pictures

Per her request I made a strawberry cake with chocolate frosting. And sprinkles. I had never made this combo before, so I was a little nervous about how it would turn out. Chocolate-covered strawberries are good, right? So, why not. (It was good.)

We planned to have her party on the houseboat on the lake. We assumed we'd have better weather. It was cloudy, cool and a bit rainy, but we went out anyway. I was so ready for the cooler weather that I didn't mind it one bit, and I don't think the kiddos did either.

Captain Finn:

Cousin Anna, Regan, Lola, cousin Jackson and Uncle Chris:

Baby Hudson is always a hit - especially with Finn.
(He is obsessed with this baby.)

All aboard!

Regan and Lola checking out the snacks:

All the little pirates. Arggghh!



 

After everyone went home, we went to Jackie's for dinner, and Anna taught Lola how to play rock-paper-scissors. A very important skill she will use the rest of her life. :)

Thank you to everyone who wished Lola a happy birthday, came to the party, dropped off a gift or otherwise just loves her. She is a bright light in our lives, always keeping us on our toes, challenging us, and constantly amazing us with how smart she is. Never a dull moment with this one around.

No comments: