Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas movie marathon

Movies. What are those? We don't really watch "movies" around our house these days. 1. Who the hell has time to sit down in one place for two hours? and 2. I'd rather be sleeping. BUT, when December rolls around, there is a list of movies that must be watched before the 25th. It's just part of the ol' Christmas tradition. It dawned on me yesterday that there are just 13 days til Christmas (gasp!), and we haven't watched a single movie. So, we started our movie marathon last night. And I'm proud to announce we made it through the whole thing without falling asleep. Here's our must-see list. (There are others we like and will squeeze in if there is time, like Fred Claus, Four Christmases and Bad Santa - even thought it's terribly inappropriate.) What are your favorites?

Christmas Vacation
Elf
It's a Wonderful Life
Love Actually
The Christmas Story
The Family Stone - CHECK (Dec. 12)
White Christmas - (okay, this is not on "our" list, just mine)

2 comments:

Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...

I hear ya. We haven't crossed any of our list either. Tried to watch Christmas Vacation - fell asleep before it was over. I've also given up on getting certain decorations out - the nativity is just going to stay in the boxes this year. But I'm ok with it.

Jabet Wade said...

JPB: Our nativity stayed in the box the past couple of years. Actually got it out this year but still had to place it on a high shelf out of reach of the little people. We started Love Actually last night but didn't make it through. Watched the second half of Christmas Vacation Saturday night. Not sure we'll have time to go back and see the first half. Sigh. C'est la vie. :)