Christmas movies watched to date:
The Family Stone
Christmas Vacation (second half)
Love Actually
Update on my toe:
(Just in case anyone but me cares and also as a reminder to Husband there was a reason I spewed curse words and tears and nearly fainted when aforementioned wooden folding table fell on my toe.)
I went to a podiatrist this week. He removed my nail. (Insert tears here.) Before this happened, I said: "What if we don't remove it? What if we just let it fall off on its own?" He said we could do that. But he was concerned about what might be under it. Turns out, there was a "laceration" in the nail bed, which required stitches. He then decided to X-ray it; and thankfully there was no break or fracture, otherwise I could have been at risk for infection in my bone (due to the laceration) and "the only way to get rid of infection in bone is to remove the bone. You want to keep your toe, right?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Of course he said this was the worst case scenario, and that I was not going to lose my toe. I admit once more to being dramatic about this. I know there are much worse things that could happen to a person and much worse things happening in this world right now. But this was/is kinda traumatic in my little world. The good news is the nail will grow back. The bad news is it will take 6 to 9 months, and who knows what it will look like. (Thank goodness for nail polish.) Folks, if you have learned anything from my little mishap it should be this: Don't drop anything on your toe. Ever. EVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment