Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A very happy turkey weekend!

We made it home safe and sound from our trip around the world (okay, just to Ava and Kansas City and home again, but it felt like the world with a toddler in the car). Lola got to play with her cousins at Matt's mom's house on Wednesday - she LOVES seeing and being around other kids. Makes me wish we had a regular play date for her each week. (We might need to work on that...)
Madison, Lola, Maddox and Jackson - cousins!

We headed to Kansas City on Thursday, where we enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner at the Stilley house.
Lola and (Kate's) "Auntie" Mary Ann

Granny and Lola

Us.

Thank you, Stilley family, for letting us crash your Thanksgiving dinner once again. Even though the MU-KU battle has ended (and we won! we won!), we hope to continue our tradition of getting together with you over the holidays... maybe next year you can all come to Pontiac.
(Or, maybe we can all go to the beach! Or, go snow skiing! Wahooooo!)

On Friday we got to meet miss Embry Jean Woods, the sweet little daughter of my good friend, Billie, and her husband Woodsie. Embry wasn't due until Dec. 2, but I told Billie I would really appreciate it if she'd have her before Thanksgiving so I could meet her. (Thank you, B, I know you did it JUST for me.) She is a sweet little doll baby. And so tiny! I can't believe Lola was ever that small (L was actually smaller!) Time goes by much too quickly. Sigh.

Afterward we headed to the Plaza for lunch at Jack Stack and a little Christmas shopping - yes, I actually managed to buy a few Christmas presents on this trip! (I'm close to being finished with my shopping, if you can believe it.)

On Saturday we headed to Arrowhead Stadium for the final border showdown between Mizzou and Kansas, and...
WE WON.
End of story.

Matt and I both came home with colds. Yuck. Lola seems to be okay so far, thank goodness. Hopefully this passes soon!

Check out all the pictures below:

2 comments:

jaims said...

anytime you're in kc, we'd love to have a playdate! we were actually in MG - so, it's like we kinda swapped our neck of the woods for a minute (even though i know you're not in MG, but we swapped being north and south!). lol happy holiday time!

Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...

We would be available for a weekly play date! I know we wanted to have a regular get-together of girls and grown ups, but even if we can't make that happen, perhaps our nannies could get together with the little ones???

All the photos are great but I'm stoked about the really good one of just you and I - we seem to never take very good photos of just the two of us, you know? I think it is because I always look like a shrimp. ;)