Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weeeeeeeeeee!

How often do we get to be outside, barefooted, with no hat and short sleeves in the middle of November in Missouri? Not very often.
I've been complaining about the unseasonably warm weather this fall (crazy, I know), and I think it's because I am so excited for the holidays this year with Lola. I'm ready for those crisp days, when you need a fire burning, socks on, hot tea steeping and something baking in the oven.
BUT, having said all that, today I am not complaining. It's in the 70s, with a nice breeze blowing (terrible for the deer hunters, I know - sorry, dada), and Lola got to play outside with no shoes on... quite possibly for the last time until spring. Who knows. But, we're enjoying it while we can.

In the meantime, I'm in the process of baking the Pioneer Woman's blueberry cornbread mini-muffins. I'll take pictures when they're done and let you know how they turn out!

1 comment:

jaims said...

winter finally hit here... but we were so enjoying the break of warmth as well! i bet the lake is so peaceful in winter!