Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hello, my name is Jabet...

...and I'm addicted to Diet Coke.

I'm fighting the urge to drink my third Diet Coke of the day. I usually only allow myself two cans - that's 24 ounces. But, today I'm really jonesin' for another one. I don't drink coffee - I just drink one cup of hot tea every morning when I wake up. What's wrong with drinking excessive amounts of Diet Coke? It has 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 grams of sugar... I know, I know... aspartame and sodium are baaaaad.

8 comments:

Jabet Wade said...

p.s. My hubby is addicted to Diet Mtn. Dew... I don't even know how many he drinks every day... what's with us and our diet soda anyway?

cpeterson said...

OK - Jabet - I love sweettarts - rather have a sweettart than chocolate - even though I haven't had any sweettarts in awhile and I actually resisted buying any for "the kids" at Easter. And of course, I would rather have a real Coke than diet - I was only able to give up my drink of choice, Real Coke, a couple of times - once when for a period of time, they quit processing it....oh, well....but you are so right about the aspartame - in the Better Brain Book, Dr. Perlmutter says aspartame contains excitotoxins which can cause brain cells to be overstimulated....so there you go....

cpeterson said...

ps-my sis has the same problem giving up her diet cokes - she just heard in a weight watchers' class that eating an apple would help with "the craving for a diet coke"....maybe worth a try...

Jabet Wade said...

Ohhhh, I love sweettarts, too. I did break down and buy a bag of the Easter chicks, ducks and bunnies... and I practically ate the entire thing myself. Oh well. It was a holiday, right?!

Re: the diet coke and overstimulating of the brain... that might not be a bad thing??? HA!

Oh, and I do eat apples, too, and I still crave the DC. :)

cpeterson said...

Hey And if you know anything to curb the "classic coke" addiction, let me know.....I don't think an apple would provide enough carbonation which is part of my addiction issue....

Jessica Peterson Blackburn said...

I go through kicks were I stop drinking DC and I usually feel better when I do (once I get past the initial shock). I don't think I will ever be able to give it up entirely b/c there are days when nothing feels better than that burn of the first drink of a really cold and fizzy Diet Coke.

And I'm pretty sure I helped you substantially with those sweettart chicks and bunnies ;) And she says she didn't buy us sweettarts but she bought us an entire bag of other easter candy. I've hidden it from myself.

Jessica said...

Why in the world would you want to give up the nectar of the gods?! I say, bottoms up!

From another hopelessly addicted Diet Coke drinker...

Jabet Wade said...

Hey, at least we aren't drinking regular Coke, for pete's sake... tsk, tsk, Cindy. (j/k) :)